Policies & Advocacy
What Can I Do?
Contacting Members of Parliament
We encourage every Canadian to get involved in the policies that affect us all. Our Members of Parliament (MPs) are responsible for making decisions that reflect the needs of people living in their ridings. Voice your opinion on a bill coming up for vote, or simply discuss what is important to you.
Don’t know how to reach your MP? Use your postal code to search current members of parliament to find their name, phone number, local constituency office address, and email address. It is easy to share your values with the people making decisions on Parliament Hill.
- Pick up the phone. Perhaps one of the simplest and well received ways to engage your MP.
- Write a letter. Deliver it to your MP’s local constituency office or mail it to them in Ottawa. Letters to MPs in the House of Commons do not require a stamp! Address your letter to:
[Name of Member of Parliament]
House of Commons
- Write an email. MP’s email addresses are included in their contact information.
- Schedule an in-person or video meeting.
Policies & Advocacy
Resilient Recovery Advocacy Campaign
The COVID-19 pandemic has exposed that many systems in Canada are fragile and vulnerable. Our health and social systems, our economy, and our environment are all struggling to support Canadians. This vulnerability is the result of many decades where economic growth has been more important than health, wellbeing, and environmental balance.
A Resilient Recovery from this crisis requires foundational changes so that the inequities that are the root cause of poor health can be rebalanced to create resilient Canadians. The time is now to invest in a triple bottom line economy (social, environmental, and financial). The time is now to change policies to protect us all by considering the most vulnerable Canadians. The time is now to improve the foundations for resilient health.
We’re calling on the Canadian Government to make foundational changes to support wellbeing in four categories:
- An equitable and just economy that supports clean environments and healthy people
- A clean environment free of toxic chemicals and waste materials
- A richly biodiverse world
- Urgent action on climate change, which is posing a threat to the existence of many species on earth;
Our Policy Paper
Our asks to the Federal Government advocating and supporting changes in Canadian laws, regulations, and policies that will improve the foundations of resilient health are detailed in our policy paper.
Add your name as a supporter of the Resilient Recovery Campaign