RESILIENT and the Canadian Network for Human Health and the Environment (CNHHE) once again participated in the federal pre-budget public consultation. Our budget asks seek to prioritize health and wellbeing and protecting the environment, which supports all life on earth.
Our specific asks include:
- Taking strong action on climate change by diverting fossil fuel subsidies into the green economy and a just transition for the fossil fuel workforce, and accelerating the adoption of low carbon commuting
- Preventing climate change mitigation from increasing air pollution by including radon mitigation in energy efficiency rebates and mandating a reduction in wood smoke
- Launching a national pharmacare system
- Modernizing the Canadian Environmental Protection Act in line with current science
- Implementing a recovery basic income
You can read our full brief here.