RESILIENT is joining forces with hundreds of organizations committed to building a movement for a Just Recovery for All. The movement represents the collective voices of Canadians across sectors who are calling on their government to make foundational changes during the COVID-19 recovery efforts to support the transition to a more equitable, sustainable, and just society.
Endorsing groups will pursue specific policy recommendations, aligned with the Principles. A full list of endorsing organizations can be found here (https://justrecoveryforall.ca/endorsers/)
The Principles, in brief, ask that recovery plans:
- Put people’s health and wellbeing first, no exceptions.
- Strengthen the social safety net and provide relief directly to people.
- Prioritize the needs of workers and communities.
- Build resilience to prevent future crises.
- Build solidarity and equity across communities, generations, and borders
- Uphold Indigenous Rights and Work in Partnership with Indigenous Peoples